Saturday, October 11, 2008

Romancing the Stone

Howdy, all!

I hope you are feeling good this October!

Lately my critter sightings have been limited to the usual birds (except for an eagle soaring over the Mississippi as I crossed it on the 94 bridge), squirrels and bunnies. Have you encountered any wildlife?

I decided to take the critter crisis into my own hands the other day. At my workplace there is a shady landscaped garden. It seemed like a very good idea to lift a few of the garden rocks to see what lived beneath!

I found:

Mr. Slug:

slug.jpg

The outdoor centipede, which is less scary than his indoor cousin!

pede.jpg

And the centipede's vegetarian relative, the millipede:

millipede.jpg

Sometimes one needs to go the extra mile to find wildlife!

xoxoxo
Wendell!

No comments: