Sunday, November 25, 2007

Critters of today.

How are you? Did you have a good Thanksgiving? Ours was lovely. As promised, here are photos once again illustrating the cuteness of our nephew Baby B.

wenben.JPG
He is getting a tooth.

Note how Baby B resembles R:
wrben.JPG

Our drive to and from the B family estate was filled with hawk sightings. I saw a bunch on several thrifting excursions. (I had the most luck at the Unique Thrift Store on Rice and Larpenteur...but if you need ice skates, ski boots or skis check out any location.)

Red-tailed_Hawk

Last night we decorated our Christmas tree:
tree07
I think it needs a string of red beads or something. It's bigger than last year's and maybe could use more lights, too. Can you see our fluffy white polar bear ornament?!

Today I spotted several birds and a squirrel in the backyard.

chickadee.jpg
Chickadees are so cute!

Also, peckity pecking:
downywoodpecker.jpg
Either a downy woodpecker or a lesser woodpecker; I couldn't tell.

squirrelz.jpg
The squirrel by our driveway was very fat. It begged the question; where is the fattest gray squirrel in the U.S.? Wouldn't you like to see it? The squirrel then climbed up a tree and disappeared onto the roof of our apartment building. I wonder if they've ghetto-rigged a cable TV up there, and are currently keeping track of the football game, munching on acorns. You never know!

Have you spotted any critters lately?

I must say I'm excited to go back to work. I have about two stressful weeks left and then the semester will be over and...unemployment! Hopefully I can find a jorb before the spring semester starts up. Maybe the squirrels up on the roof will need a cocktail waitress for holiday parties, or something.

xoxoxo
Wendell

No comments: